- It takes faith to believe in Allah.
- It takes faith to believe in evolution.
- It takes faith to believe that good works will get you to heaven.
- It takes faith to believe in the Cast system.
- It takes faith to believe we only live once and then we are dead and nothing else matters.
- It takes faith to believe we come back to this world as someone or something else after we die.
- It takes faith to believe that if you kill someone in the name of Allah you will have virgins waiting for you on the other side.
- It takes faith that when you go to sleep you will wake in the morning.
- It takes faith that when you get in a car, a cab, a train or an airplane to go someplace you will arrive safely.
- It takes faith to order food in a restaurant or buy it in a store and believe it is safe to eat.
- It takes faith that if you work hard at your job you will get a raise.
- It takes faith to believe you can do something you have never attempted to do.
- It takes faith………..
It takes some level of faith to believe in anything. We have those that will try to confuse the idea of faith by adding the word blind faith trying to make your faith unbelievable. Some confuse faith in evolution by removing the words micro and macro. Some people speak as if they have all the answers, that they have facts, that they have proof. Some people believe they are better than you or I. Some people have an agenda that is for themselves and not anyone else unless you agree to the faith they have in their agenda.
You see “FAITH” is something that we all have one way or the other. It is where we choose to place that faith that is important. So the next time we find ourselves thinking we have all the answers, thinking everyone is crazy if they don’t believe as we do, take a step back and realize that everyone has faith in their belief. The key is to make sure that where we place our faith is real or has the highest chance of being true. To openly share your faith and why you believe in it, to listen to the opposite points of view, to look into the chance of something being true, to look into the real background of any faith, religion or belief will bring each of us closer to what we should place our faith in. Faith should not be based on what we like to do or what makes us feel the best or what we want to hear. It should be based on something that is real to each of us, something that we can say holds our faith steady or something that is not threatened by others or ourselves because we look into other faiths or beliefs. Real faith should stand the test of investigation by you or others.
So where do you place your “FAITH”?